Saturday, October 3, 2009

Slow Cooker Applesaue



That time of year and the apples are plentiful and of course we always pick more then we could possibly eat. So what to do with them?
Today I decided to venture and try something brand new to me...making applesauce...and with the slow cooker no less.

Now you can double and triple this recipe and it still comes out just right.

4 apples of your choice, peeled, cored and diced
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Throw it all into the slow cooker, give it a stir and then turn it on high for 4 hours and walk away. Now when its done if you need to mash the apples then do so but I found this unnecessary because the apples pretty much did the work themselves.

Cool and then put in the fridge. I then used my homemade applesauce to replace the vegetable oil in my muffins and brownie mixes to make them lower in fat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment