Monday, June 15, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip


I was first introduced to this yummy recipe a few years when we were living in Central New York. When we moved back to Maine I made it for family and now every time we have a get together it is requested to bring "the dip" and I should bring the recipe printed off with me because I always get someone asking for the recipe.

Ingredients
2 cups shredded chicken
16oz cream cheese
16oz ranch dressing
1 bottle hot sauce
8oz shredded cheese

I have changed things up a little since the first time I made this to make it easier.
I usually buy a rotisserie chicken already cooked from the supermarket and shred that but you can cook a couple chicken breasts or I have even used the chicken in a can....it all gets devoured so no one really seems to care. In a 13x9 pan spray bottom then place shredded chicken first, cover with an entire bottle of hot sauce. Melt cream cheese and ranch dressing together in microwave and then pour it on top of chicken. Take shredded cheese(use whatever cheese you prefer, its all good) and cover the top. Put in oven at 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Take out and serve with tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, sometimes even the spoons come out when all else fails.

2 comments:

  1. This is hands down one of my fav's!!! I am so glad you are doing this blog. I will be checking!!! I miss cooking club! We haven't had it in a long time and I miss getting all the fun recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through KellysKorner. I, too, have a recipe blog , and think I'll try this. Have seen it a few times other places.
    Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete